Questions to Ask About Veneers
Before getting veneers to improve your smile, there are many questions that need to be considered and by compiling this list prior to the consultation with your dental specialist, you can go in prepared and with confidence.
By having all the questions answered and having a thorough consultation, there will be no surprises or confusion and the possible risks will be decreased as well.
- What will my smile look like with veneers? Do you have a computer that can do a rendition of my appearance for me?
- How is the shade selected? Is that done by me or the dentist?
- How many of my teeth will need veneers? Is there a minimum amount of the teeth that need to be done?
- What happens to the rear teeth that are not involved in the veneers? Will they show?
- Will my teeth need to be completely shaved down even if the enamel is healthy? How much of it is drilled or reduced?
- How should my veneers be cleaned? Is there any special toothbrush? Is there any special toothpaste?
- Are there foods that I must now avoid?
- Are there beverages that I must now avoid?
- How long will my veneers last?
- Do veneers ever “pop off”?
- If I want my veneers removed in the future, is that a possibility? What would the teeth look like?
- How are the veneers attached? Is it possible to be allergic to the adhesive or is it possible to have a bad reaction to it?
- How many office visits will I need to have the veneers placed?
- Are the veneers made in the dental office or in an outside dental laboratory?
- How experienced are you (the dentist) in making and attaching the veneers?
- Are you certified in placement of veneers?
- Are there special diagnostic tests that need to be performed prior to considering me a candidate?
- Is consumption of alcoholic beverages still possible?
- Can I bite into crunchy foods or are the teeth not strong enough to withstand pressures?
- If I tend to grind my teeth at night, can I still get veneers or will it be too much undue pressure for them?
Knowing the answers to these questions, will allow you to have the procedure done with confidence so that you truly will be able to smile with those dazzling teeth.